There are few things in this world that I love as much as I love coffee and there are a few things that you can do to make coffee even better. Here is a list of a few things that are really important to increase your coffee drinking pleasure.
- Grind your own beans! If you do nothing else this will increase your coffee enjoyment 10 fold. It is crucial to use the right grind of coffee. Even the best beans will not taste right if ground incorrectly. Too fine will produce coffee that is bitter and too concentrated. Too coarse of a grind; and the coffee will taste weak and flat.
- Buy fresh beans often and keep your beans/coffee grounds in the freezer.
- A few sprinkles of salt will even out bitterness
- Water temperature is key if your water is too hot it will make the natural oils in the coffee go rancid. Have you ever noticed that one day your Starbucks is dynamite and then the next you need to add sugar. This is why.
- Clean out your coffee pot! That old coffee residue does make a difference! Be sure to clean any parts that touch the grounds at least once a week.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or vanilla to the grounds. Delicious!