Bacon! What food is more beloved? Here are a few simple tricks I have learned fo woring with bacon that makes it even more enjoyable!
- Cook your bacon in the oven on a cookie sheet! The first time I tried this it all stuck to the pan so the next time I used parchment paper. It worked like a charm!
- Cut your bacon with a pair of sicsors. It is so much easier than trying to chop up raw bacon with knife. This means that there is no longer any excuse to not add bacon to your soups, stews and anything else where you can’t cut it up after it’s cooked.
- If you are living in a household that can’t or should I say shouldn’t eat a whole pack of bacon at one time simply cut the package right down the middle and freeze half in a ziploc bag.
- Frozen bacon cuts up much easier than thawed! You can cut it up right out of the freezer.
- You can freeze individual bacon strips on wax paper by laying them out 1-5 at a time, folding the paper over and adding more again. This way if you want to have bacon just for you all you have to do is roll out your personal sized serving.
- If you were so inclined you could also pre cook your bacon and freeze it that way. This would allow you to simply take it out of the freezer and re heat it. This way you could have only one piece if that’s really what you wanted to do. Which would be crazy.