Bacon has become all the rage! Everyone loves it; and I have to say I have definitely jumped on the bacon band wagon. It seems like every time I turn around there is some new way to enjoy bacon. These are 10 ways of doing bacon that knocked my socks off hopefully you will feel the same!
- Bacon basket weave! Weave strips of bacon that have been cut in half with scissors so that you have a woven bacon slab that is perfect for a sandwich. This way there will be bacon in every bite! Bake in the oven on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- A bacon bowl! Wrap bacon around the cupcake part of a cupcake pan that has been flipped upside down. Screw bacon bits! I want a whole bowl for my caesar salad…ooooh…or my mashed potatoes….or my mac and cheese…or my cereal!! (too far?). Don’t forget to put a cookie sheet under that pan to catch all of the grease.
- Pre cooked bacon! I know it doesn’t sound too exciting but imagine being able to just open your fridge and have bacon whenever your heart desires on whatever you want.
- Bacon sundae! Seriously just once over cook your bacon to the point of crumbling and sprinkle it over your ice cream and add some maple syrup. It may change the way you see the world!
- Wrap things in it! Dates! Apricots! Water chestnuts! Potatoes! Figs! Bake them in the oven and dip them in Plum sauce, ranch dressing or sour cream.
- Make taco shells out of it!!
- Add bacon chunks to trail mix! It’s delicious!
- Make bacon brittle. Make it just the way you would make peanut brittle and substitute the peanuts for bacon!
- Bacon caramel popcorn!
- Wrap a bacon weave around a meat loaf or a roast and you will have bacon infused goodness!