I love being a mom! It was kind of crazy in the beginning with the whirlwind that whipped through and reorganized my entire world, but now that things have settled into their new routine I have to say having my daughter makes me happier than I have ever been before. She is such an amazing reminder to me every day to be the best I can be.
Here is a list of 10 ways she’s made me better.
- I don’t accept anyone treating me differently than how I want people to treat her.
- I pursue health now rather than just weight loss because I want her to be a good example for her.
- I follow the rules I set out for her because I don’t want any double standards.
- It’s all about balance now. I can’t focus on any one thing for hours and hours.
- I always have a reason to be happy.
- I understand my parents better.
- I love my body more than I used to.
- When she was born I looked at her and I understood the true value of a person for the first time. She was perfect and incredible. She was already as valuable as she could ever be. It had nothing to do with money, success, looks, charm, luck or any of the things many of us wish we had more of in order to feel better about ourselves. She was perfect just as she was and that meant that so was I and so was everyone else.
- She keeps me focused on the present.
- My house is cleaner.